List:       caldera-users
Subject:    Re[2]: caldera-users-digest V1 #435
From:       Robert.A.Ober () robob ! robob ! com
Date:       1996-03-30 16:16:03

Javier Hernandez <fjherna@ibm.net> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I need help.
> My /etc/inittab file was lost and I can not boot on my Caldera
> linux.
> I would appreciate if anyone can send me a copy of his /etc/inittab
> file for Caldera CND 1.0
> thanks a lot.

Hope this helps,

#
# inittab       This file describes how the INIT process should set up
#               the system in a certain run-level.
#
# Author:       Miquel van Smoorenburg, <miquels@drinkel.nl.mugnet.org>
#               Modified for RHS Linux by Marc Ewing
#

# Default runlevel. The runlevels used by RHS are:
#   0 - halt (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
#   1 - Single user mode
#   2 - Multiuser, without NFS (The same as 3, if you do not have networking)
#   3 - Full multiuser mode
#   4 - unused
#   5 - X11 only
#   6 - reboot (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
id:3:initdefault:

# System initialization.
si::sysinit:/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit

l0:0:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 0
l1:1:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 1
l2:2:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 2
l3:3:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 3
l4:4:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 4
l6:6:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 6

# Things to run in every runlevel.
ud::once:/sbin/update

# Trap CTRL-ALT-DELETE
ca::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t3 -r now

# Handle powerfail conditions.
pf::powerwait:/etc/rc.d powerfail start
pw::powerokwait:/etc/rc.d powerfail stop

# Run gettys in standard runlevels
1:1234:respawn:/sbin/getty tty1 VC linux
2:234:respawn:/sbin/getty tty2 VC linux
3:234:respawn:/sbin/getty tty3 VC linux
4:234:respawn:/sbin/getty tty4 VC linux
5:234:respawn:/sbin/getty tty5 VC linux
6:234:respawn:/sbin/getty tty6 VC linux

# Run xdm in runlevel 5
# x:5:respawn:/usr/bin/X11/xdm -nodaemon

# Sample dial-in line
# d1:2345:respawn:/sbin/uugetty ttyS0 38400

Good Luck:)

Have Fun!
Robert A. Ober
Robob@Robob.com; Contest Page at robob1.robob.com;