List:       caldera-netware
Subject:    Re: Redirection for console_device ?
From:       James Olin Oden <joden () lee ! k12 ! nc ! us>
Date:       1999-01-28 13:40:43

Chris Clark wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Vladimir V. Kolpakov wrote:
> >     And, [Q from unanswered thread here]
> > how to kill target client(connection) ?
>
> I know of no "manual" method to kill a connection.  One of two things
> will eventually happen to a connection on which the client is no
> longer responding:
>
>         1. The client station will reboot and reconnect, reusing the
>            former connection, or
>
>         2. The server will eventually "watchdog" the connection, which is
>            to say that the server will clear the connection after a
>            number of unanswered watchdog polling intervals.

You know that is a pretty standard feature of Novell's monitor.nlm.  That is you can look
at what connections are active, and then if you like close that connection.  Is this what
he is asking about?  If it is, though may not be included in your implementation of
Netware, it should be considered as one to implement.  Essentially, this feature is used
to force users off the system selectively.  Its not nice, nor clean but it works.

...james