------=_Part_225248_48683303.1648654384721 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Well, I'll ask the question in a cairo only way then... Can I overlay text onto a cairo surface and then erase the text without des= troying the image below?Could I, for example, copy/cache the rectangle unde= r the text=C2=A0 before writing (using extents to determine the dimensions)= so that I could later use that to effectively restore the underlying image= before writing new text.Is there a better / simpler way to do this? thanks On Wednesday, March 30, 2022, 08:18:10 AM EDT, Emmanuele Bassi wrote: =20 =20 Hi; if you have questions about GTK, you should use the GNOME Discourse: https://discourse.gnome.org/tag/gtk Ciao,=C2=A0Emmanuele. On Tue, 29 Mar 2022 at 16:45, Michael K wrote: I'm attempting to have two GtkDrawingArea widgets in a GtkOverlay container= . The lower widget is a graph and the top widget shows dynamically changing i= nformation related to the graph based on the mouse position. I cannot seem to erase the top drawing area without wiping out the graph on= the bottom drawing area. Is this at all possible or am I just doing something wrong ? --=20 https://www.bassi.io [@] ebassi [@gmail.com] =20 ------=_Part_225248_48683303.1648654384721 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Well, I'll ask the question = in a cairo only way then...
Can I overlay text onto a cai= ro surface and then erase the text without destroying the image below?
Could I, for example, copy/cache th= e rectangle under the text  before writing (using extents to determine= the dimensions) so that I could later use that to effectively restore the = underlying image before writing new text.
Is there a better / simpler way to do this?

th= anks

=20
=20
if you have questions about GTK,= you should use the GNOME Discourse:

https://discourse.gnome.org/ta= g/gtk

Ciao,
 Emm= anuele.

I'm attempting to have two GtkDrawingAre= a widgets in a GtkOverlay container.

The lower widget is a graph and the top widget sh= ows dynamically changing information related to the graph based on the mous= e position.

I cannot seem to erase the top drawing area without wiping out the graph o= n the bottom drawing area.

<= div dir=3D"ltr">Is this at all possible or am I just doing something wrong = ?

--
------=_Part_225248_48683303.1648654384721--