On 25/04/2021 19:01, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:

I'd consider this a plus, given that plain Makefiles are usually tragically less performant. Plus, Meson doesn't *only* target Ninja: it generates Visual Studio project files, and the Meson maintainer is working on improving the XCode support.
I'm not that concerned about build time performance. I'm more concerned about how easy it is to fit into our Yocto based build system. I know how to integrate autotools projects, plain makefiles, and even cmake. I'm not sure what's involved in integrating Meson.