List:       cairo
Subject:    [cairo] Pattern with large translation
From:       cecashon () aol ! com
Date:       2020-11-11 14:16:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/cairo/cairo/-/issues/238

This bug is in cairo-image-source.c, _cairo_image_source_create_for_pattern(), \
_pixman_image_for_pattern(). The translation variables src_x and src_y can overflow \
the 2 byte int range causing a CAIRO_STATUS_NO_MEMORY.

Maybe a different error can be returned? It is kind of a show stopper. Maybe a less \
critical error can be set if the translation is out of bounds?

I haven't figured out why I am getting this error by rotating patterns. Pixman might \
return null for other reasons besides out of memory.

Eric