List:       cairo
Subject:    Re: [cairo] Pixman Speed (Re:  gallium surface still maintained ?)
From:       Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo () geek-central ! gen ! nz>
Date:       2016-08-06 2:08:32

On Fri, 5 Aug 2016 22:40:22 +0200, Petr Kobalíček wrote:

> I think it's not bad if I consider how much architecture-specific
> code is in pixman, for example.

Speaking of which, is Pixman as fast as it can be? I ask because I see
some breathtaking effects running in real time in screen savers, yet
when I try to do what I thought were similar convolution effects using
Pixman
<http://default-cube.deviantart.com/gallery/54316106/Python-Pixman-Examples>,
they seem to take ages to render.