List:       cairo
Subject:    [cairo] Cairo configuration can't handle absolute paths?
From:       Adam Beneschan <adambeneschan () aol ! com>
Date:       2013-08-29 16:38:55

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

This is my first post to cairographics mailing list ... apologies if I did something \
wrong.

I think there might be a bug in the configure script.  I tried to configure with

    configure --prefix=/users/my/home/directory/something

My PKG_CONFIG_PATH is also full of absolute paths.

I'm seeing lots of things in the config.log file that look like

CAIRO_LIBS='    $(top_builddir)//users/my/home/directory/something/pixman/libpixman-1.la

There are other things with the same pattern in them.  Actually, all of them seem to \
come from the "pixman" entry in PKG_CONFIG_PATH, so that's probably the problem, not \
the --prefix.

This incorrect path ends up in the Makefiles, where top_builddir is set to "." or \
"..", so of course this causes the makes to fail.

I get this with 1.12.14, also 1.10.2.

Thanks,
Adam