List:       cairo
Subject:    [cairo] Does cairomm have a recording surface feature?
From:       Tilman_Schröder <tilman.schroeder () gmx ! de>
Date:       2011-04-18 15:21:35

Heyho everyone,

I am writing a small barcode program that will give me a pdf full of
barcodes when it's done.

Since I am not an expert programmer, I translated some of the GNU
barcode stuff to C++ (easier, safer) and planned to use cairo to do the
output.

I wanted to write a function that prints the barcode to a cairo
recording surface and return that surface, allowing the main function to
put the barcode anywhere on the pdf with a small amount of code.

Is this possible using cairomm? There is no cairomm documentation on a
recording surface.

Should I file a bug for this feature?

Or should I use extern "C" { ... } for this?

Thanks and bye,

Procyon