List:       cairo
Subject:    Re: [cairo] Compilation error "undefined reference to
From:       Soeren Sandmann <sandmann () cs ! au ! dk>
Date:       2011-02-23 20:45:50

Victor Engmark <victor.engmark@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Victor Engmark
> <victor.engmark@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm trying to create a pixman 0.20.2 package on an old platform, but I
>> get the following output during the compile phase:
>>
>>  CCLD   a1-trap-test
>> ../pixman/.libs/libpixman-1.so: undefined reference to
>> `___tls_get_addr'

Version 0.20.2 should detect automatically if linking fails with
thread local support. If you can find out why this clause:

    AC_MSG_CHECKING(for __thread)
    AC_LINK_IFELSE([
    #if defined(__MINGW32__) && !(__GNUC__ > 4 || (__GNUC__ == 4 && __GNUC_MINOR__ >= 5))
        #error This MinGW version has broken __thread support
    #endif

from configure.ac finishes successfully, that would be very helpful.

As mentioned, you can compile with -DPIXMAN_NO_TLS, but that means
pixman can't be used from multiple threads.

If __thread simply doesn't work on your platform, we need some kind of
hack in configure.ac to detect it and fall back to pthreads.

Soren