List:       cactus-user
Subject:    Cactus maven2 ServletTestRunner
From:       Josh Smith <jesmith17 () sbcglobal ! net>
Date:       2008-12-10 0:25:36

I have a large scale J2EE project that currently uses Ant but we are
considering switching to Maven2. The biggest issue we face is how to
duplicate our integration test strategy in Maven.

Currently we deploy our app and our integration tests as 2 separate ear
files. The main app contains stateless session beans that provide only
local access, which are only used for transaction management.
Becuase we develop in JBoss, we leverage a trick with it's classloader
that allows EAR to make local EJB calls between them.

The Test EAR contains all of the integration test classes which are
executed through the Cactus ServletTestRunner class. The test classes
look up the local EJB references under java:/comp/env/EJBName ( I am
guessing on the exact name here).

We are trying to figure out how to get a Maven build to execute the
ServletTestRunner classes in the same way as the Ant build currently
can. Obviously I can have maven use it's Antrun plugin to execute the
tests, but then I am not sure how to get the results into the any of the
Maven reports.

I tried using the SureFire execution along with the Cactus Maven
integration (from 1.8.1) and it seems to think they are going to execute
via the ServletRedirector which can't support the EJB lookup.

Is there anyway to get Maven or SureFire to execute test using the
ServletTestRunner instead of executing them locally through the
ServletRedirector?

If not, is there anyway to have the standard cactus.xml output file used
by the any of the Maven reporting tools?