List:       cactus-user
Subject:    Difficulty building cactus 1.8.1-S eclipse 3.3 plug-in
From:       Russell Jones <russell.jones () cas ! ox ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2008-06-04 14:49:26

Hi,
What I'm trying to do is run JUnit on my Tomcat server in Eclipse so I
can test applications that use pooled JNDI database connections. That
seems to mean I need cactus.

I was trying to follow the instructions kindly provided by Petar in the
mail at
http://www.mail-archive.com/cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg07514.html
which almost worked nicely, except the stage where maven tried to get
the jars for cargo and cactus.build tools.

The files it need were at
http://repository.codehaus.org/org/codehaus/cargo/cargo-core-uberjar/0.9/cargo-core-uberjar-0.9.jar
and
http://repository.codehaus.org/org/codehaus/cargo/cargo-ant/0.9/cargo-ant-0.9.jar

and the instructions in the error made it easy to install them, but
could one or both of you (Petar and codehaus) make a change to the
reference to or location of the files such that this just works?

I haven't got cactus built yet (*)-- I can't find something extra to
just download or check out at jakarta.apache.org/cactus (not
cactus.apache.org as per the jar). I guess it's something to do with
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/cactus/trunk/build-tools/pom.xml
I'll have to look at the maven docs as I have no idea how it works. I am
running Debian 4.0 and downloaded maven 2.0.9 into my home directory: I
run it with ~/apache-maven-2.0.9/bin/mvn

So close to getting it working...

Many thanks,
Russell Jones
Oxford University Careers Service

p.s. I couldn't find a contact email for codehaus, so I just guessed.

(*) I get the error

1) org.apache.cactus:cactus.build.tools:jar:1.8.1-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.cactus
-DartifactId=cactus.build.tools -Dversion=1.8.1-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file

there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.cactus
-DartifactId=cactus.build.tools -Dversion=1.8.1-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:maven-plugin:2.1
        2) org.apache.cactus:cactus.build.tools:jar:1.8.1-SNAPSHOT