List:       cactus-user
Subject:    Re: Running <cactus> from Ant
From:       Kazuhito SUGURI <suguri.kazuhito () lab ! ntt ! co ! jp>
Date:       2005-10-14 2:24:07

HI,

In article <s34e2368.085@dfg.ca.gov>,
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:05:12 -0700,
"Kevin Murdoff" <KMURDOFF@dfg.ca.gov> wrote:
KMURDOFF> However, I did finally get the thing to work.  Problem is,
KMURDOFF> I'm not sure how!  All I did (i.e. remember doing) was enter
KMURDOFF> the 'serverxml' attribute and then take it out ... (???)
KMURDOFF> Anyway, using port 55555 and 'C:/Temp' as the 'tmpdir', it works.

Good news, anyway ;-)
The useage of the tmpdir attribute might have been a point for your case.

KMURDOFF> Why does one of my tests work correctly in the browser using
KMURDOFF> 'ServletTestRunner', but not in the <cactus> Ant task?
kMURDOFF>
KMURDOFF> The assert method that fails reports an assertion failure
KMURDOFF> when I try to assert that a value stored in a 'session'-scoped
KMURDOFF> JavaBean is, in fact, what I expected.  The JavaBean does exist,
KMURDOFF> and through logs I can verify that it's values are being set
KMURDOFF> properly, but when the <cactus> task runs the test,
KMURDOFF> the assertion fails.
KMURDOFF>
KMURDOFF> Is there a difference in handling session-scoped beans
KMURDOFF> between the two runners?

A possible cause I can imagine is in a relationship between session and tests.

When you run tests by using Ant task, a session each test uses is created
per test method.

On the other hand, when you run tests by using ServletTestRunner,
a session each test uses might be a session created for a browser
that had called the ServletTestRunner.
This means that all tests may share the same session, and thus,
the session-scoped JavaBean might have been created during tests
executed prior to the test in problem.

Hope this helps,
----
Kazuhito SUGURI