List:       cactus-dev
Subject:    RE: Problem in maven plugin tests?
From:       "Vincent Massol" <vmassol () pivolis ! com>
Date:       2005-04-26 11:35:47

:-) Sure, it's natural to take shortcuts from time to time. It only
increases our "technical debt" for the future
(http://www.martinfowler.com/bliki/TechnicalDebt.html).

Now is the time to pay it back! ;-)

> but I guess the problem is that we need to
> include our generated war inside the ear, and the EAR plugin does not
> allow that (it only includes the dependencies).

Then I guess we could refactor the EAR plugin to support this in some
manner...

[OT] I've had a quick look at the EAR plugin and I don't understand the way
it's implemented which I find very complex. Do you know why we don't use the
<zipfileset prefix=""> Ant tag instead of copying around dependencies in a
temporary directory?

[snip]

Thanks
-Vincent