List:       cactus-dev
Subject:    RE: Gump (was Re: Issue compiling Cactus under JDK 1.5)
From:       "Vincent Massol" <vmassol () pivolis ! com>
Date:       2004-10-27 8:11:53

Hi Felipe,

The last time I've used Gump, there was a project/jakarta-cactus.xml file in
the gump CVS module. This is the Gump descriptor (similar to the Maven POM)
which describes what a Gump build should do to build Cactus.

However, at that time, there no easy way to reproduce a Gump build on one's
own machine and there was no shell access to the machine where Gump was
running. That is not completely true as Leo was kind enough to give me a
shell account on his machine (http://lsd.* - Can't remember the name and I'm
offline). Stefan, do you know if it's now easier to debug a Gump build?

Otherwise, you can simply check the Gump dashboard (check
http://jakarta.apache.org/gump) which already provides lots of information
which are usually enough to figure out what has gone wrong.

Thanks
-Vincent