List:       cacti-user
Subject:    [cacti-user] Bug?
From:       Jacek Nykis <jacek1981 () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2007-07-30 12:43:08

Hi All,

First I would like to thank you for this great tool!

Unfortunately I have some problems with my cmd poller.
I am monitoring 30 hosts which are running snmp v3. snmpwalk works just
perfect for every single host.

Some of my hosts were timing out when polling, but snmpwalk was still fine.
When using cmd.php manually I observed something strange.

For example if I do cmd.php 3 3 it is fine but cmd.php 3 5 causes host 5 to
time out...at the same time cmd.php 5 5 is gives me good result.
I avoided this problem with setting Maximum Concurrent Poller Processes to 50
which is more than number of my hosts...in this case every single call to
cmd.php polls only one host and all graphs are fine. I have found patch at

http://www.cacti.net/downloads/patches/0.8.6j/snmpwalk_fix.patch

It did not resolve my problems.

I am using NET-SNMP version: 5.3.1
and cacti-0.8.6j

Do you have any ideas or I should report a bug?

--
Regards
Jacek Nykis