List:       c-client
Subject:    Re: Shared Folders and UW IMAP
From:       Sven Carstens <s.carstens () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-04-27 9:49:58

Am Sun, 26 Apr 2001 schrieb Sean S Coleman <coleman@boulder.nist.gov>:
> I am in the process of evaluating shared folders under UW IMAP and am
> having some difficulties. I need to find out if the behavior I am
> experiencing is as expected or I am doing something wrong.
>
> I created a user on the IMAP server called imapshared and gave it a
> home directory and a public mail folder with permissions set so all could
> read the messages. Before continuing, let me state that I realize that
> this stuff is very dependent on the mail client but I just want to make
> sure I understand what is happening.

We implement shared folders in a completely namespace independend way.
- users mail dir is ~/Mail
- inside there is a symlink to the shared folders
- the access rights are managed via the group
- watch the rights you're giving away!

Only drawback so far:
- Microsoft OE sometimes kicks the users out of a selected box if another user
  is opening it.
- Microsoft OE is piece of crap for imap
- namespaces would be much better

CU Sven