List:       c-client
Subject:    imap-2000 and nsnotify
From:       Bernd Wagener <Bernd.Wagener () Uni-Oldenburg ! DE>
Date:       2000-10-27 11:43:36

Hello!

Yesterday late afternoon I installed the final version imap-2000 and it
worked fine.
But today the whole staff of our administration complains about the
mail-server:
no mailing possible! It was not true, all tests with different
mail-clients worked well.
But later one I found, that the Netscape-Notifier and also the
Imap-Notifier from
www.vandyke.com has a problem with imap-2000.
The nsnotifier ask for the password in a endless loop, the imap-notifier
complains about
the welcome-string from the imap-server.
I found in the welcome-string a new CAPABILITY - Feature and I guess,
that the notifiers have
problems with it.
I installed the latest release-candidate and the world was peaceful for
a while.

Bernd Wagener