List:       c-client
Subject:    RE: Help on sendmail-tmail & -procmail-dmail chain
From:       "Andrej Borsenkow" <Andrej.Borsenkow () mow ! siemens ! ru>
Date:       2000-05-04 6:08:12

> 	Anyone know (and tell me where to read) how to setup procmail
> in order to use the dmail module and obtain then a mail
> delivered in a mbx
> format folder ?

Well, I (and others) answered this more than once, but ... :-)

The procmail/dmail part is trivial. Assuming standard procmail MDA setup
(with +detail) something like

#
# Executive Tech Support list
#

:0
* ^TOesi-tech-support@
{
    :0
     | /tools/bin/dmail +Incoming/"ESI tech support"
}

#
# Last resort. If we were given user+folder explicitly,
# try to deliver to this folder
#
:0
        | /tools/bin/dmail +$1

If no +detailt were given, $1 will be empty and "dmail +" will deliver
to INBOX.

As you see, there is no mailbox format specification. That's because
dmail will NOT create mailboxes (but happily deliver into whatever
format you happen to have) - you have to create mailbox in advance. Just
how exactly you do it - is another story alltogether :-) In short, you
either have to setup mbx format as default or use
#driver.mbx/path/to/file for mailbox name; on Unix you can use mbxcreat
utility.

-andrej