List:       c-client
Subject:    Re[3]: some c-client questions / mailbox corruption
From:       Karsten Ballueder <karsten () phy ! hw ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2000-02-16 18:54:31

Following up on my earlier mail about corrupted unix mailbox
folders after upgrading from 4.4 to 4.7a.

 >  > Haven't had that happen.  Are you using the correct access means to get data,
 >  > in particular, all the mail_fetch_body(), etc. calls?  You must *NOT*
 >  > reference the "PARTTEXT" members of the various structures -- those are
 >  > private to c-client!  Their usage is driver-specific!!
 >
 > I will double check that.
Have done so now and do not find any suspicious code. I use
mail_fetchbody_full() to get the contents of the individual
parts.

The problem seems to be always exactly the same: The message
content (text) starts immediately after the X-UID: XXX
header entry. instead of an empty line to separate the
header and body, I find messages like this:

[some header lines]
message text on same line as X-UID
[...]

These messages have been collected from an IMAP server and
stored to a unix mailbox folder, using the following bit of
code:

   STRING str;
   INIT(&str, mail_string, (void *) msg.c_str(), msg.Length());

   bool rc = ( mail_append(
      m_MailStream, (char *)m_MailboxPath.c_str(), &str)
               != 0);

Can you see anything wrong in this bit?

It's a pity that the c-client mailbxo parsing code doesn't
handle corrupted folder contents gracefully. It bombs out
from unx_rewrite_new() by calling fatal() rather than just
reporting an error and skipping that message.

--
 Karsten Ballüder  http://Ballueder.home.dhs.org/  mailto:karsten@phy.hw.ac.uk
 Physics Department, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS, Scotland