List:       c-client
Subject:    re: mail_free_*
From:       Mark Crispin <MRC () CAC ! Washington ! EDU>
Date:       1999-11-15 5:37:00

On Sun, 14 Nov 1999 22:54:50 -0600 (CST), Mike Trank wrote:
> Here's another problem that Im having right now. I am calling
> "mail_move()". The messages get moved to the other mailbox, but the
> original ones dont get deleted, the flags dont even get set.

In the standard UNIX mailbox format, the source mailbox flags aren't updated
until the next checkpoint: mail_check(), mail_expunge(), or mail_close().

> What is supposed to happen? Are the messages supposed to disapear or do
> they just get flagged delete for the next "expunge".

The messages get the deleted flag for the next expunge.

> Every time I do a move_mail(), the next instance of a c-client program
> will always claim that it cant get write access to the file. Is that a
> clue?

What is "the file" -- the source or the destination?  Please be more specific
about what, precisely, you are doing.

Also, please make sure that you have the latest version.  The current release
version is imap-4.6, but I recommend that you use the imap-4.7.BETA version
instead:
	ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap-4.7.BETA.tar.Z