List:       c-client
Subject:    RE: Ineffective ipop3d?
From:       "Rubinstein, Dmitry" <Dimrub () icomverse ! com>
Date:       1999-08-27 16:47:53

I think your question belongs to the c-client mailing list rather than to
imap list (which is for discussions regarding the protocol, not the specific
implementation).

I'm not 100% sure that this is the reason for such high load, but ipop3d is
indeed quite slow. This is probably due to one specific function with a
colorfull name 'blat()'. I beleive this problem can be fixed relatively
painlessly (and we have rewritten this function once faced with this
problem) and then ipop3d will be almost as effective as imapd (but not
quite, since there's still the issue of replacing a signle dot on a line by
double dot).

--
Dmitry Rubinstein