List:       c-client
Subject:    Need help with mailbox formats
From:       "Sebastian Hagedorn" <Hagedorn () spinfo ! uni-koeln ! de>
Date:       1998-03-02 18:42:24

Hello!

I've been using the UW-IMAP server under Solaris for several years now (I'm
currently using IMAP4rev1 v10.215). I can't really say that I've ever been
bothered by bad performance or anything, but I'm curious about the other
mailbox formats that the c-client supports.

I've successfully used mbxcvt to convert mailboxes to all kinds of formats.
I have successfully used them. However, there are things I don't understand:

- why so many different formats? There doesn't seem to be an explanation of
their differences in the docs. What's recommended? mtx? tenex?

- I could only use non-unix formats for mailboxes in my hierarchy, not for
the INBOX. I am aware that I'd have to use tmail or dmail in order to be
able to receive mail to such an INBOX, yet I don't understand why I wasn't
able to open it.

Thanks, Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hagedorn