List:       c-client
Subject:    Search and callbacks
From:       "Omar Khan" <ohk2 () cornell ! edu>
Date:       2003-07-18 19:27:28

Hi,

Two questions... On the comp.mail.imap newsgroup just recently Mark
Crispin told me that the best way to get messages between two uids was:

>Why not use <last_known_UID + 1>:*?  That is, if the last known UID is
>32121, do 32122:*.

So in c-client, is the best interpretation to use a search with the
searchset first and last properties equal to the first and last uid...
Or is there another more appropriate way?

2nd question... Callbacks. I know you shouldn't call a mail_* function
from within a callback (say mm_exists). So suppose that call back gets
innundated with 20 new messages and we want to process them. What's the
recommended way of doing this? (essentially my program is waiting around
and checks for new messages every 5 minutes or so... But I can't call
the mail_* functions from within the callback because of the lock)

Thanks

omar