List:       c-client
Subject:    Re: Why does c-client try to authenticate more than once?
From:       Mark Crispin <mrc () CAC ! Washington ! EDU>
Date:       2003-01-22 17:26:18

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Eric Schreuder wrote:
> I am trying to investigate how c-client interacts with OpenSSL. During this
> investigation, I noticed that as a result of an smtp_open() call, c-client
> authenticates successfully, and after that two times retries to
> authenticate.

This is not supposed to happen, and I have never seen this problem before.

When you said it doesn't happen in Windows, do you mean to say that it
doesn't happen with a c-client application built on Windows?

Have you made any modifications to your copy of c-client?  Did your copy
of c-client come from a third-party which may have modified it?  If the
problem seems to be specific to UNIX c-client, does it happen on other
UNIX systems?  Can you isolate it to a particular system type, and or a
particular compiler?

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc