List:       c-client
Subject:    detaching attachments
From:       "Michael P. Barnett" <michaelb () Princeton ! EDU>
Date:       2002-06-03 16:56:24

I receive many messages with very large attachments. Also, I send a
large number of messages with the same very large attachment (e.g.
PostScript or PDF files of an article to people whose work is cited in a
survey article that I am writing).

I want to move all of these messages to folders without the attachments.
How do I detach the attachments?

Also, I am using PINE to work through the folders on my IMAP server
deleting the attachments from messages that were moved there in the
past.
This is very tedious. Can I use IMAP in an efficient way to do this?

Thanks,

Michael Barnett