List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: Busybox modprobe brings error "Invalid ELF header magic: !=ELF"
From:       Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-05-03 15:47:28

On Tue, May 2, 2023 at 7:31 AM Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 4:25 PM Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek@gmail.com> wrote:

> > With the latest Artix kernel upgrade from 6.2.11 to 6.2.13, the random
> > crashes seem to be fixed.

> Hmm. So it works, there are just these annoying messages?

Looks like I spoke too soon, the crash is still there with the 6.2.13
kernel if I test on a machine with 2GB of RAM. Out of curiosity I
tried the 6.3.1 kernel from the Arch Linux testing repo and the
situation is even worse, it crashes every single time, even on a
machine with 16GB of RAM.

> Should we add an option to NOT try finit_module at all,
> and just decompress modules in userspace?

I assume you mean a build-time option? That would solve the problem
for me, but I would still like to hear from some other testers to
confirm this isn't just something unique to my setup.

- Jeff