List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: The busybox website is unbearably slow
From:       Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen () sdaoden ! eu>
Date:       2023-01-19 18:48:44

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote in
 <CABDcava8dBAjJpHTMHCC9F=Kmi+_LWgSonbaN1NA=8Y-yZJxNA@mail.gmail.com>:
 |Perhaps the static website could be moved somewhere else (Github Pages,
 |Netlify, etc). This would solve the problem for the static sites, and
 |alleviate the load for git.busybox.net.

lighttpd now supports KTLS.  I am super happy with it.  But i have
rather strict firewall rules that downgrade things that come often
(or download much), and have server.max-keep-alive-requests=1 for
git access (could do connection.kbytes-per-second= also for it,
but luckily that not needed for me _YET_), so they get used to it.
git browsing only with basic HTTP authentication, that cut my
distress by an enormous amount, most bots are so primitive.
curl -I and lynx show the HTTP realm, unfortunately firefox not,
so those have to read the web site to know about the right
password and user.

--steffen