List:       busybox
Subject:    [RFC,PATCH 0/1] new applet: stdbuf(1)
From:       Bernhard Reutner-Fischer <rep.dot.nop () gmail ! com>
Date:       2022-04-20 14:54:57

Hi!

Once in a while i need to fiddle file buffers.
I have this stdbuf(1) applet lying around in a tree for this purpose.

This utility is API compatible to the libstdbuf.so from coreutils (on
purpose).

As you can see, i deliberately left in 3 different versions of the
library so you can see what attempts i made to shrink it.

Keep in mind that the lib should remain compatible to the one from
coreutils. And keep in mind that the lib (currently) does not link
against libbusybox.so, hence no fancy, existing libbb helpers
available ATM. This could, of course, be changed but adds quite some
more complexity to the build system. Some more because building
libstdbuf alone made it necessary to twiddle the buildsys a tiny bit.

If deemed useful we could dust it off a bit and, after some TLC, apply
it iff anybody else thinks this could be useful generally..

Patches are welcome, as always.

Thoughts?

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer (1):
  new applet: stdbuf(1)

 .gitignore            |   1 +
 Makefile.custom       |  26 +++++++++
 Makefile.flags        |   2 +
 5 files changed, 269 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 coreutils/libstdbuf.c
 create mode 100644 coreutils/stdbuf.c

--
2.35.2