List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: Would a patch implementing the netns feature to iplink.c be interesting?
From:       Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2021-10-07 21:25:36

On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 4:40 AM blowfist <blowfist@xroutine.net> wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> I've made a few patches to busybox to add a few standard features to
> busybox which aren't yet supported in busybox. I'm using these for my project
> jailTools and I was wondering if they would stand any chance of being merged
> into busybox.
>
> I'll start with my first patch which implements the netns feature to
> iplink.c.
>
> It's basically used when creating virtual ethernet devices (veth) and to
> set one of the created pair to a specific network namespace. It has
> exactly the same usage as iproute2 and I've been using it for a very
> long while so it works very well. The value that it takes is the PID of
> a process with the unshared network namespace.

set|add|del|show addition is wrong.
Each of them has separate explanations:

busybox iplink --help
BusyBox v1.35.0.git (2021-10-07 15:23:28 CEST) multi-call binary.

Usage: iplink set|add|del|show IFACE [up|down] [arp on|off] [multicast on|off]
    [promisc on|off] [mtu NUM] [name NAME] [qlen NUM] [address MAC]
    [master IFACE | nomaster] [netns PID]
iplink add [link IFACE] IFACE [address MAC] type TYPE [ARGS]
iplink delete IFACE type TYPE [ARGS]
    TYPE ARGS := vlan VLANARGS | vrf table NUM
    VLANARGS := id VLANID [protocol 802.1q|802.1ad] [reorder_hdr on|off]
        [gvrp on|off] [mvrp on|off] [loose_binding on|off]
iplink show [IFACE]

Fixed that and applied. Thank you.