List:       busybox
Subject:    chat applet goes into infinite loop when poll() returns POLLHUP or POLLERR
From:       Jörgen Pihlflyckt <Jorgen.Pihlflyckt () ajeco ! fi>
Date:       2021-08-31 8:53:57

Hello

I have a bunch of usb-connected embedded modems, that occasionally disconnect
from the usb bus more or less spontaneously. When this happens at the same
time as a chat script is running, chat seems to get confused when the system
call to poll() returns both POLLHUP and POLLERR together with incoming data.

The net result is, that chat goes into an infinite loop and starts consuming
100% cpu. Has anyone else noticed this, or do I just have weird modems?
-----
Jorgen.Pihlflyckt@ajeco.fi