List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: Invalid tar magic when streaming download
From:       Kang-Che Sung <explorer09 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-12-06 2:44:27

On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 10:06 AM Jeffrey Fetterman
<jfetterm@mail.ccsf.edu> wrote:

> Ah. I don't think this mailing list is for me. Thank you for your time.

What are you expecting anyway?

1. It is normal for a tar program to reject a tarball with multiple layers of
gzip. Some tar implementations allows recurse decompression, but that's an
exception, not a rule. (They should have a recursion limit, by the way, or else
they can't defend against "gzip" bombs.)
2. For the .zip file, you should use "unzip", which is available in BusyBox if
you build it. "tar" is a wrong program for that.