List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: busybox 1.31.1 issue when integrate into Openwrt18.06
From:       "Jie Ren (jiere)" <jiere () cisco ! com>
Date:       2019-11-19 9:00:34

Hi Petr,

Thanks for your quick reply, really appreciated~

Actually our project used to base the Openwrt 15.05 release which was very old and \
had busybox 1.23.2 in it.  Recently we upgraded the Openwrt version from 15.05 to \
18.06, however, the busybox version remained in 1.23.2. As you said, this version has \
many security issues, so we decided to upgrade it.

At first, we just searched on Busybox official site and found that 1.31.1 is the \
latest stable version, so we chose it and met below issues.

And I just searched the Openwrt official github site: \
https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/tree/openwrt-18.06/package/utils/busybox

It seems that on the Openwrt official 18.06 branch, busybox was upgraded to 1.28.2.

No matter we chose 1.28.2 or 1.31.1, I just want to know that what's the method for \
such busybox package upgrade? Since in Openwrt project busybox Makefile: \
https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/blob/openwrt-18.06/package/utils/busybox/Makefile, \
it only set the pkg version and hash.

It seems that Openwrt provided two perl scripts for busybox integration:
https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/blob/openwrt-18.06/package/utils/busybox/convert_defaults.pl
 https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/blob/openwrt-18.06/package/utils/busybox/convert_menuconfig.pl

But when I used them as I wrote in my earlier mail, met such ash/sh not work issue \
then...

BR,
Jie Ren