List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [git commit] taskset: add support for taking/printing CPU list (-c option)
From:       Xabier Oneca  --  xOneca <xoneca () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-11-09 10:19:32

Hi Bernhard,

> > +/*
> > + * Parse the CPU list and set the mask accordingly.
> > + *
> > + * The list element can be either a CPU index or a range of CPU
> > indices.
> > + * Example: "1,3,5-7".
> > + *
> > + * note1: pattern specifiers after a range (e.g. 0-255:2/64) are not
> > supported
>
> Why's that?
>
> Its late here and I'm probably too tired by now  but wouldn't just recursing \
> afterwards allow for that to work naturally?
> Thanks for beating it into vague sanity either way ;)
> Cheers,

 From taskset(1) (note: --cpu-list is same as -c):

           --cpu-list 0-10:2
                       is  processors  #0, #2, #4, #6, #8 and #10. The
suffix ":N" specifies stride in the range, for
                       example 0-10:3 is interpreted as 0,3,6,9 list.

I don't think recursing can help in any way here...

I've not found anything about the /64 of the comment, though...

Cheers,

Xabier Oneca_,,_