List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: switch_root: zap the last directory for the mount point of new-root
From:       Kang-Che Sung <explorer09 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-07-19 14:28:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Friday, July 19, 2019, Kang-Che Sung <explorer09@gmail.com> wrote:

> There's side benefit for this patch: In case that overmount fails, we can
have
> a rootfs kept intact (instead of almost destroyed).

Correction. It's just a side effect, not a "benefit" worth talking about.

Speaking of, since we are now overmounting the root before zapping the
initramfs, I wonder if we can remove one check about whether the new root
is a mount point (this saves code size; mount() would fail with EINVAL in
that case).