List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: Issue after upgrade from Fedora 27 to Fedora 28 with build?
From:       "Michael D. Setzer II" <mikes () guam ! net>
Date:       2018-06-21 18:20:45

The error is that the file rpc/rpc.h does not exist, so the compile fails??
The mount.c has lines that include 3 header files from the rpc directory that
do exist on Fedora 27 and earlier systems, but on a machine at was just
upgraded to Fedora 28, the directory only has netdb.h and none of the other
header files.

The error is just that it tries to include the 3 header files that are no longer on
the system, so it fails to compile the mount.c program, and the process
aborts at that point.

Added the lines mentioned to the .config file to I guess get it to use the tirpc
files, but still got the error when it tried to compile the mount.c file.

Full directory path is /usr/include/rpc for the directory. So, it is that it is looking
for those files to include, and since they are not present it fails.

Understand that fedora 28 seems to have dropped the support of the rpc
atleast in that directory, and is no using the tirpc. Note. The Fedora's
mount.nfs file does require the tirpc library.

Ended up just removing all mount options from busybox, and going with the
larger ones from the Fedora distro. Currently have about 180 packages in the
busybox build that work great, but have other programs outside it.

Again, Great program and it is probable me not understanding how to get
around the issue. Been using it since I took over maintaining the g4l project
in 2004 and it has always just continue to work until this. Even now, it works
for everything else.