List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: add bb_info_msg was Re: Applets send errors to syslog during normal, successful operation
From:       James Byrne <james.byrne () origamienergy ! com>
Date:       2018-05-09 17:01:20

On 11/03/18 21:37, Tito wrote:
> Deweloper's patch is smaller in code size and adds more features.

This thread seems to have gone a bit cold since March, and in the
meantime I have implemented my own patch (because I didn't notice this
thread) which is very similar too, but slightly more comprehensive than
Deweloper's one.

I will send my patch as a separate patch e-mail, the main differences
from Deweloper's patch are:

- It has a config option so you can keep the current behaviour of
logging everything at LOG_ERR and save <200 bytes.

- It keeps 'syslog_level' as a static variable rather than passing an
extra parameter. It's not as neat but generates smaller code.

- I've been through all of the bb_info_msg() calls that were removed
between Busybox 1.24.2 and 1.25.0 and restored all of the ones in
applets that log to syslog.

I hope that this will be acceptable for inclusion, as this is an issue
that has obviously affected multiple users.

James
The contents of this email and any attachment are confidential to the intended \
recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient: (i) do not use, disclose, \
distribute, copy or publish this email or its contents; (ii) please contact the \
sender immediately; and (iii) delete this email. Origami Energy Limited (company \
number 8619644); Origami Storage Limited (company number 10436515) and OSSPV001 \
Limited (company number 10933403), each registered in England and each with a \
registered office at: Ashcombe Court, Woolsack Way, Godalming, GU7 1LQ. \