List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: adding lineno implementation
From:       daggs <daggs () gmx ! com>
Date:       2018-01-29 7:51:46

Greetings Denys,

> Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 9:03 PM
> From: "Denys Vlasenko" <vda.linux@googlemail.com>
> To: daggs <daggs@gmx.com>
> Cc: busybox <busybox@busybox.net>
> Subject: Re: adding lineno implementation

> > > I applied an implementation to busybox git, please "git pull" and take a look.
> >
> > I see, you've committed support for lineno for ash, I'm using hush for bash \
> > emulation
>
> BTW, I would like to know where hush finds its uses.
> What are you using it for (what project)?

in my work place, we have a small image running several diag scripts over busybox, \
sometimes of the scripts gets stuck, so a counter based prints system was created \
using scripts to help debug such issues. problem is counter based is useless when it \
comes to loops and funcs. lineno is better.

again, thanks for the help.

Dagg.