List:       busybox
Subject:    syslog.conf support in syslogd
From:       carl h <heyen2000 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-01-15 20:21:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I'd like to confirm a few things before I embark down an approach. At one
time I understand that syslogd did not support /etc/syslog.conf. But now it
does.

1. The command line -R option defines a server IP address to send the logs
to on the network. As with a conventional syslogd build, can I configure
the busybox .conf file to sending various facility/priorty log combinations
to more than one IP address? I ask this because the example given in
docs/syslog.conf.txt shows sending logs to multiple local files only

2. With respect to the -R command line option again, busybox seems to be
able to resolve the hostname provided with -R without having the hostname
being already defined in the hosts file. If I specify hostnames in the
syslog.conf file can busybox resolve these hostnames as well?