List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: Why would syslogd drop messages?
From:       Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-10-27 22:27:54

On 2017-10-27, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:
> What would cause syslogd to drop messages?
>
> We've noticed that syslogd will usually drop several messages from a
> "burst" of 15-20 calls to syslog() that don't have any delay between
> them.  We're currently using 1.26.2, but my testing indicates that
> 1.25.1 does the same thing.

I tried increasing the syslogd read buffer size from 256 to 4096, and
that didn't seem to make any difference: It still drop messages at
about the same frequency.

The problem might be in the uClibc implementation of syslog().  I'm
trying to figure out how to determine where the issue is...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I just went below the
                                  at               poverty line!