List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: Can httpd collect data from target ?
From:       Mattias Schlenker <ms () mattiasschlenker ! de>
Date:       2017-02-22 7:26:08

Am 22.02.2017 um 04:17 schrieb Vered Zvi:
> Hello,
>
> I launched httpd in target. Upon web page request from chrome (or any other web \
> client), the html file located in the target is displayed in the host.
> But my html page has text boxes in which it should display telemetry data collected \
> from the target. How can I configure httpd to collect data from the target, and put \
> in the HTML page ?

Basically you have two options: Use a cronjob to collect data every few
minutes and replace some place holders in a template to create a static
HTML page with proper values. Or create a CGI script or binary and use
the httpd's CGI handler to run this script binary each time it is
called. Which one is better depends on many factors like frequency of
calls to the script, flexibility needed...

https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/http.httpd

The guys at OpenWRT did a good job by documenting Busybox' httpd.
> The information contained in this communication is proprietary to Israel Aerospace \
> Industries Ltd. and/or third parties, may contain confidential or privileged \
> information, and is intended only for the use of the intended addressee thereof. If \
> you are not the intended addressee, please be aware that any use, disclosure, \
> distribution and/or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you \
> receive this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and \
> delete it from your computer.
Probably not the best signature to use when communicating with mailing
lists...

Yours,
Mattias

--
Mattias Schlenker - Freier IT-Fachredakteur und -autor
                              redaktion@mattiasschlenker.de

Address__ August-Bebel-Str. 74 - D-04275 LEIPZIG - GERMANY
Phone: +49 341 39290767              Fax: +49 341 30393578
Mobile: +49 163  6953657  Another mobile: +49 159 03160327

Fork me!____________________ https://github.com/mschlenker
Website.__________________ http://www.mattiasschlenker.de/
My books!___________ http://www.arduino-hausautomation.de/