List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: Fwd: bug submission failed
From:       Ron Yorston <rmy () pobox ! com>
Date:       2016-05-26 16:36:35

James Hanley wrote:
>I'm trying to submit a bug through bugzilla and the server keeps spinning
>nowhere...

I know nothing about that.

>The bug I'm attempting to file is:
>Product: Busybox
>Component: Other
>Version: 1.24.x
>When referencing a sub-string of a variable, using a negative value stored
>in another variable, the shell will seg-fault.

Is that still a problem in 1.24.x?  I thought it was fixed by:

   <08a5dab> 2014-11-17 [Denys Vlasenko]  ash: fix handling of negative start value in ${v:start:len}

which was before 1.24 was released.  The fix also predates bug #7688 which
seems to cover the same thing, but for 1.22.x.  I don't think it ever was
fixed in 1.22.

Ron