List:       busybox
Subject:    Should busybox be an applet?
From:       Ron Yorston <rmy () pobox ! com>
Date:       2016-05-20 12:06:11

Yesterday I sent a patch which treated the busybox command as if it were
a built-in applet in standalone shell mode.  It's a bit annoying to have
this as a special case.  I wondered what would happen if I turned the code
to handle 'busybox --list' and 'busybox --install' into an actual applet.

It works, but I ended up with different special cases to filter busybox
out of 'busybox --list-all' and 'busybox --install'.  Then again, you
can save lots of space by disabling the busybox applet if you don't need
it ;-)

Ron