List:       busybox
Subject:    D-Link GPL Violations BusyBox and other
From:       Evgeniy Miheev <thunder367 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-01-19 22:00:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

    Hello!

    I want to consult with you to the next question. Company D-Link is a
manufacturer of the old router D-Link DI-524UP. The basis of the
firmware for this equipment is necessary free software licensed GPL,
since the device is embedded operating system, consisting of many
components of the project GNU, BusyBox and other developers.
    On the company's website at http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/ were placed
source code software are compiled in firmware version 1.01 for the
device, as well as binary firmware versions 1.03, 1.04, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07
and 1.08 . According to the description of the file Security Issue_FW
Release note.pdf difference between the firmware binary firmware
versions 1.08 and older is to correct a backdoor security described at
http://www.devttys0.com/2013/10/reverse-engineering-ad-link-backdoor/
and refinement of the program to connect PPoE.
    At my request, the company D-Link has provided source code binary
firmware designated by them as version 1.08. Comparison of the contents
of each file of the source code archive firmware versions 1.01 and 1.08
with each other, showed their full identity, except for files indicating
the version and release of the program, as well as zero-length file.
    < VERSIONPKG = v1.08
    < ALPHA_VERSION = v5.0.1b02

    > VERSIONPKG = v1.01
    > ALPHA_VERSION = v4.0.0b10

    Detailed results of the comparison are on my FTP server at
ftp://83.149.7.238/pub/

    I think that instead of source code binary firmware version 1.08 I
have been provided the source code version 1.01 with the changes not to
include this D-Link is a hotfix for version 1.08. Now available for
download the source code firmware version of their designation as 1.01
and 1.08. Also available for download other versions of binary firmware.
    I ask for your assistance to address the following issues:
    1. To require the company D-Link made available for download the
source code of the firmware DI-524UP same as the binary versions of the
firmware;
    2. ordered the company to remove the D-Link version mismatch
described me and made available for download the source code of the
firmware DI-524UP version 1.08;

--
Best regards, Evgeny Miheev.
e-mail: thunder367@gmail.com <mailto:thunder367@gmail.com>