List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: modprobe-small and filename2modname() basenamization removal
From:       Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-01-11 6:38:31

On Thu, Jan 08, 2015 at 11:55:32PM +0100, Alfonso Ranieri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> recent removal of basenamization from filename2modname() in
> modeprobe-small.c causes rmmod not to work anymore at least here (a router
> project) (it passes full relative path to module and not just module name to
> delete_module).
>
> Ciao. Alfonso

I've reproduced and sent a patch for this; it seems that
rmmod usblp
somehow gets expanded to
delete_module("kernel/drivers/usb/class/usblp")
or some such thing inside modprobe-small.

While I was reading through it, I realized that filename2modname() is
functionally equivalent to part of the code in pathname_matches_modname(),
so I made the latter call the former and saved 119 bytes
(gcc 4.9, musl/x86).

Could you test and see if my patch fixes your problem?

(Note: apparently the "full" modutils does not need this addressed.)

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham