List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: How do I (unconditionally) enable unicode support in busybox?
From:       Harald Becker <ralda () gmx ! de>
Date:       2014-08-13 10:52:53

Hi Denys!

 >> I don't see how init itself shall benefit from UTF8 support?
 >
> We run setlocale("") for all applets. If we exclude init,
> why not exclude e.g. mkdir?
>
> I went with the code which is smaller. If someone reports that setlocale()
> in init is *harmful* in some way, I can reinstate it - this time
> with a comment!

Sorry, my mistake, you are right. I thought this setlocale is in the
init applet only and missed the fact it's in the common part. So I agree
with you that it's ugly to skip setlocale for pid 1, don't see any
reason why this shall produce problems. So let it be and look forward if
someone starts to complain.

--
Harald