List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: Information needed - ash
From:       Harald Becker <ralda () gmx ! de>
Date:       2013-10-25 19:57:37

Hi Alexander !

>Why is everybody answering the same question I have answered
>before and for which the author of the original question has
>thanked me already? Has my posting somehow not arrived at the
>list?

Sorry, if I duplicated your information. As you detected your
posting arrived with a useless signature and otherwise empty on
my side, so I did not know what you send.

So as we now know that the lists strips of some information,
someone shall have a look if it could be fixed. As John did, I
normally neglect using HTML on mailing lists and tell others to
use a different mail client, but I know this is not always
possible. On the other hand Apple Mail seams to be be formatted
standards conform, so it shall be accepted. We can't tell others
how they shall handle things as long as they respect message
standards.

May be the list processor can strip HTML tags, and just forward
remaining ASCII text. This would be better than forwarding a
useless signature attachment. ... but beside this simple HTML
messages are so widespread today, that we shall accept them.
Personally I neglect creating HTML messages, but use mail clients
which at least display the text stripped from HTML messages, or
simple formatted HTML contents (w/o images).

--
Harald