List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: How to contact Philips firmware developers?
From:       Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2013-10-12 2:06:59

On Wednesday 09 October 2013 20:37, Harald Becker wrote:
> Hi Denys !
>
> http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/01/29/uk-philips-idUKBRE90S0C820130129
>
> Do you really think they are interested in extending there
> products, and/or do further development?

Well, by now I'm not so much worried about this particular case.
I use external speakers now.

A haphazard firmware development appears to be the norm
in embedded world even if product line isn't sold from one firm
to another, as happened in this case.

When I buy a "consumer electronics" product, I have come
to expect total absense of meaningful technical documentation,
no possibility to file a bug report, and I'm lucky
if firmware updates do not stop in less than a year.
(Heck, sometimes there are no updates at all!)