List:       busybox
Subject:    Issue with dhcpc and kernel 3.11.x
From:       "Michael D. Setzer II" <mikes () kuentos ! guam ! net>
Date:       2013-09-27 3:55:19

Just discovered an issue that is actually kernel related but not
exactly sure what. On my testing build recently changed the
default kernel to 3.11.1. Had done a check that it booted, but
hadn't check that the dhcpcd process worked?

In doing the back ground testing, I have found that it did work up
to 3.11.0-rc5, but 3.11.0-rc6 to the released 3.11.1 don't work.
The test of the 3.12-rc2 shows that it does work with that version.

Normally, I do a test of the image using Virtual box with the iso
file, and that does work with getting an ip address, but when
running it from the cd on the hardware directly those versions fail
to get an ip.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes@kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii@gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC@HOME CREDITS
SETI        16169825.163390   |   EINSTEIN    13508240.579852
ROSETTA      8651189.139451   |   ABC         16368035.852411