List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: Issue with tar (Busybox 1.20.2): unknown file type
From:       piquemal michel <michel_piquemal () yahoo ! fr>
Date:       2013-06-25 13:02:29

Dear Dietmar,

> To sum up the findings: The different libc versions on your development and target \
> systems have different definitions of "struct stat"; the development system has \
> st_mode at offset 20, whereas the target's libc places st_ino at offset 20 and \
> st_mode behind it.

yes indeed, and thanks to your guidance, I googled a bit more and found a very \
similar problem here: \
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/archive/index.php?thread-1959-2.html which led me \
to revert uClibc change #13027 on trunk/uClibc/libc/sysdeps/linux/mips/bits/stat.h \
found here: http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc-cvs/2006-January/021024.html
...and it works!!

I need to do some further checks but I think we nailed it down!...
So definitely not a busybox issue, but rather uClibc 0.9.28 mips specific.

Thanks again for your continued patience and help to diagnose this issue.

Best,