List:       busybox
Subject:    NFS mount not backgrounding if host/network unreachable
From:       Andreas Wehrmann <andreas_wehrmann () yahoo ! at>
Date:       2013-06-10 13:46:40

Hello!

I found that mount will not go to the background and retry mounting
if mounting a NFS share with the "bg" options set fails with an error
other than ECONNREFUSED.

Why does BB mount only go to the background in that case?
Is there a specific reason for that?

My problem is, that my machines try to mount a NFS share when they're
booting up.
If the remote host or the network is unreachable during that time,
mount will fail (which is why I use the bg option) and never retry (bad).

I found this in BusyBox 1.14.4 but it's still present in the current
snapshot.
The problematic code is at (snapshot) util-linux/mount.c:1580.

Out of my naivety: Shouldn't mount retry in case of *any* error?

Regards,

Andreas